It’s almost here. This will be my last post before the Series Finale and I wanted to quickly recap last week’s episode and then leave you with questions I would like answered in Sunday’s Answer-palooza. Let me start by saying I LOVED “What They Died For”. It answered a bunch of questions and it had a story that moved. Timeline X has become really compelling although I still have no idea what’s going on there. Well no time for love Dr. Jones, onto the quick hits:
- Check, check, check! Got 3 things right this week! Jack is the new Jacob, Kate was crossed off cause she became a mommy & Jacob was communicating with Widmore off-island. Hello getting things right, oh how I’ve missed you
- After putting in all that hard work to redeem himself, did Other Ben undo all that or does he have some master plan with the walk-talkies? The last thing Smokey said was that he is going to blow up the island, which means he’s going back on his word to leave the island to Other Ben. Shocked huh?
- Could Other Ben end up killing both protectors of the island? Watch out Jack, he’s coming for ya…
- So everyone in Timeline X is going to end up at this recital huh? Are they all going to have a “holy shit” moment and remember each other? Kumbaya, we’re alive and much happier people! Somehow I don’t see it…
- It’s Interesting that Hurley from Timeline X seems to remember everything since he recognized Anna Lucia
- You know my policy, until I see Richard’s body, he ain’t dead
- Is Jack going to learn all the secrets of the island from drinking the magic water? Jacob wasn’t told the secrets but he learned them somehow
I think the entire series comes down to this question: who is the better con man, Jacob or Smokey? Both seem pretty omnipotent and can see several steps ahead but only one of them is going to win this game. For instance you could say Jacob was dumb because he let the info about his Desmond-failsafe plan fall into Smokey’s smoke-hands via Charles Widmore. BUT you could also argue that maybe that was all part of Jacob’s master plan, we just haven’t seen it come to fruition yet. Jacob really gives me the impression that he knows all the moves Smokey is going to make, so the fact that ALL of Jacob’s plans seem to go wrong only convinces me that it’s on purpose. I think Jacob is pulling the ultimate long con on Smokey and we’re about to learn his full mind blowing plan on Sunday night.
For those of you who have been with me from the beginning, you know that I love to make bold predictions, so here goes nothing (and I really mean that):
- Desmond will destroy the island which will destroy Smokey. Jacob purposefully gave Widmore bad info because he knew Widmore would cough it up to Smokey
- The frozen donkey wheel will allow Hurley & Kate to leave the island. Claire & Sawyer will die and I will weep like a little girl
- We will learn a lot about Eloise Hawking. Maybe a centric episode?
- Juliet is the mother of Jack’s son and will finally get that coffee with Sawyer. This one is a slam dunk at this point right?
- The regular timeline will become Timeline X when Desmond blows up the island. The nuke just got the Losties back to their normal time
- Eloise Hawking will turn out to be the host from Tales of the Crypt. I’m serious about this one
Finally, I wanted to end this entry with a list of questions that I would like answered in the upcoming 2.5 hours. I know most of my readership hates commenting but I’d love to hear what questions you’d like answered that I missed. Here’s my first crack:
- Why did the Losties plus Juliet jump through time but not Richard and the Others? Why did only Jack, Kate, Hurley & Sayid blast back in time when 316 crashed/landed on the island?
- Why was the island on the bottom of the ocean in LA X?
- What will really happen if Smokey gets off the island?
- Why does turning the frozen donkey wheel put you in Tunisia?
- How does Eloise Hawking know so much?
- What is the origin of the source and how did Jacob & Smokey’s mom learn how to use it? How does the source let you make rules?
- Why did Jacob’s cabin move?
- Why do ash and sonar fences keep Smokey at bay?
- Why did pregnant mothers all of the sudden start dying on the island?
- Why did Other Ben tell Widmore, “you know I can’t kill you”. What rules govern the leader of the Others?
- What did The Others believe they were doing? What is their mission statement?
- Who was friggen shooting at Sawyer, Juliet, Jin, Miles, and Charlotte when they were bouncing around in time?
- The island moves but there is still a Dharma food drop?
- Why was Walt so friggen special?
So there you have it, nothing left to do but wait! See ya in another life brotha!