Finally the very late recap of Recon! This season, the writers have really impressed me with the titles they’ve come up with. I haven’t seen such multi-layered titling since the last time I was in Excitement Video (Robin Head, The Screwman Show, I’m looking at you). So Smokey sends Sawyer on a recon mission and back in good ol’ Timeline X, a pen-less Sawyer has turned in his cowboy boots for a police star. Little does his partner Miles know, Mr. Ford is on a secret mission to find and kill Sawyer aka Anthony Cooper aka Locke’s kidney-stealing pappy. No matter if James is rockin facial scruff or a wire, he’s the same old con man. Recon.
I think I’ve kept my man crush on Sawyer as well hidden as a Plaxico Burress 9-millimeter so I know you are all thinking that I loved Recon. Believe it or not, Recon was not one of my favorite episodes of the season. The only thing that was on my mind after Recon was, “Ooooh my god, we are FINALLY getting a Richard Alpert-centric episode!” Sawyer banged Charlotte and used my the Indiana nickname I gave her…I’m sorry did they really just say Richard Alpert!! Dr. Chang is off the island…um how many minutes till next tuesday?!? Ironically after a Sawyer-centric episode, I was only left with Dick on my mind.
Because I was a slacker, aka worked too much in my other jobs, I didn’t get a chance to blog last week, however, I wanted to get my Alpert theories posted before they became disproven. I think the Richard episode will be more about the island than the Man in Eyeliner himself. More than any other character, save Smokey & Jacob, I believe Richard’s backstory is tied to the island itself. I really hope we learn why the island has magical healing properties or what the island actually is. I’m fully prepared for my island-is-a-spaceship theory to go down in smokey flames but I’m going to give it one last donkey-wheel turn before abandoning it. Richard HAS to know SOMETHING about Jacob and the island. Hell he dropped the jewel about a J-touch giving you powers a few weeks ago, so I’m expecting a magic island tell-all this week. The real question for Richard is why is he always a bridesmaid but never a bride? Why was he good enough to be the advisor to the leader of The Others but never good enough to be a candidate? And will we ever learn how the Black Rock ended up so far inland?
OK, I’d be really remiss if I didn’t write something about last week’s episode, so here are the quick hits:
- Mile’s hooked Sawyer & Charlotte up via his dad through the always hott science love connection. So, Dr. Chang got off the island too! I’ve finally given up on having this explained. I’m just going to patiently wait until the writers are ready to explain this to us (they’d better explain it to us)
- Did I find the Charlotte/Sawyer romp a bit indecent because of my feelings for Juliet? A little. The writers have really taken advantage of us in an ironically Sawyer-like fashion in the relationship department. Most of us want Sawyer and Juliet to end up somehow no matter how many times she shows up in the V previews (does that show ever actually air?)
- Last sex note, I gotta give Sawyer props for banging 2 chicks in the same week, one while undercover. Mr. Ford, I salute you for getting a job while on the job!
- In Timeline X, Mama Ford was still hanging with Mr. Cooper but somehow not having a pen is the difference between a career as a cop and criminal. Damn you Jacob!
- Add Miles & Dr. Chang to the list of shinny and happy people in Timeline X. Gun to my head I’ll even say Sawyer is happier. I’m really starting to hate this Jacob guy
- Miles displayed no dead person talking ability. Props to my theory that the J-touch gave him that power
- You know an episode is going to lack reveals where there is no “Previously On Lost” intro. I’m betting Richardus’ episode has one
- The Smokey/Kate talk was annoying because it gave us an answer to a question no one asked. I now, however, think that Smokey & Jacob are brothers.
- I did NOT like the scene where Crazy Claire attacked Kate out of nowhere. There were plenty of other times when she could have post-prego-struck, why then? It was interesting that Smokey revealed his motived for lying to Claire about Aaron
- In the same scene Sayid looked creepy! I will be pissed at the writers if they’ve ruined one of my favorite characters
Only a couple of hours to tonight’s episode, I don’t have much more to say other than bring it on!